DEMO CLICK HERE Username & Password: demo
The only TRUE Subscriptions System for OpenCart
The Extension can turn any product into a subscription with automatic recurring payments with PayPal. Great on stores that sell Magazines, Newsletters, Music Download Clubs, Membership, and just about anything that requires a subscription. It will track all your subscriptions, notify store owner ansd customer when a subscription comes due. Admin can set the frequency of reminders, length of subscription, set to daily, weekly, monthly or annually. There is color coding for easy reference on subscription status and much more.
This extension works with our Express One Page Checkout Extension. See here Express One Page Checkout
- Allow trial periods. Admin can select which subscription will offer a trial subscription and if there will be a charge associated.
- Turns any product into a Subscription.
- Products can be purchased on a one time basis or as a subscription.
- Allows trial periods.
- Uses PayPal recurring payments for fully automatic payment to admin.
- Setting for times to send customer notice. Send notice how often (in days). Set Grace Period.
- Automated notices from start to finish. Notifies admin when a subscription has been cancelled.
- Emailed invoice shows if it's a subscription.
- Works with Downloads. When a subscription ends, the downloadable product is no longer available.
- Ability to offer multiple subscription periods at a discount.
- When multiple subscription periods are used, it will reflect both customer account and product page with drop down menu selector for easy renewal.
- Discounts can be either fixed or percentage. Supports customer groups.
- Subscriptions can be reinstated by the admin. Admin can charge a Reinstatement Fee.
- After reinstatement the customer will have x number of days (admin sets days) to renew their subscription before it's deleted.
- In admin under subscriptions page all fields can be manually overridden.
- Emails to customers regarding subscription have links back to their account for easy renewal.
- Every time an automatic recurring payment is made, the system creates a new order and sends out the the relevant emails to admin.
✔ FREE BASIC INSTALLATION (within 5 days from the date of purchase)
★ CLICK HERE FOR FREE INSTALLATION (This link is the only way to get free installation)
Additional Product Subscription Details:
Supports for ShopMe Theme
Works with Journal2 Theme and their One Page Checkout called Quick Checkout
The extension allows any product to become a subscription and is fully automated and automatically deducts the payments from the customers PayPal account on a regular basis until cancelled. This extension requires that you have a PayPal account that allows recurring payments and can only be used with PayPal Express Checkout payment gateway. PayPal Express Checkout comes with the extension for versions of OpenCart that don't have it.
Allows multiple subscriptions and regular products in the cart at the same time. Also allows you to select multiple quantities of a subscription product. So if the subscription is a bag of coffee (as an example), customers could put 3 of those in the cart at the same time.
When a recurring payment processes, it will update the subscription page. The next due and last paid fields. A new order will be created for the recurring payment. Emails will be sent to the customer and store owner notifying of the recurring payment. If a subscription has no price, it will use the products default price UNLESS there is a special and/or discount price. If there is, the subscription will use those prices
If a price is not added on the subscription page, it would use the product price as the price for the subscription. Subscription total can be product only, product and taxes, product and shipping, or product, taxes, and shipping. New setting added to the subscriptions to allow choice of which additional items to add to the subscription total. So if a subscription product is in the cart, only that item may be in the cart. When a recurring payment is made and the IPN is sent to the store, a new order will be created for this instead of being added to the transaction table.
Automatic recurring payments will only work when using PayPal Express.
For OpenCart versions 220.127.116.11 through 18.104.22.168 that don't come with PayPal Express, we are including it with the extension. Please be aware (once again) that in order to receive automatically deducted payments from PayPal, you must have PayPal Express and be signed up to receive payments through PayPal.
Requires vQmod - No core files overwritten.
Special note: If you have a custom Theme you may have compatibility issues. We can address those issue but there may be an additional fee involved for adjusting the extension.
More information here: Adjust Extension
The extension allows any product to become a subscription and is fully automated and automatically deducts the payments from the customers PayPal account on a regular basis until cancelled. This extension requires that you have a PayPal recurring payments and can only be used with PayPal Express Checkout. PayPal Express Checkout comes with the extension.
If you have a custom Theme you may have compatibility issues. We can address those issue but there may be an additional fee involved for adjusting the extension. This extension currently will not work on one step/page checkouts.
This extension requires vQmod.
Although not required we recommend that vQmod manager is installed. vQmod manager allows you to view installed scripts and vQmod errors. Also allows you to enable or disable any installed vQmod script.
DOWNLOAD VQMOD MANAGER (free download)
For professional Module - Extension installation Click here: MODULE INSTALLATION
YOU MUST HAVE vQmod version 2.6.1 or newer installed for this Extension to properly work. Earlier version of vQmod will not work.
IF YOU ARE UPGRADING FROM A PREVIOUS VERSION YOU WILL LOOSE ALL OF YOUR EXISTING SUBSCRIPTIONS.
THE PRODUCT SUBSCRIBE EXTENSION DOES NOT WORK ON ONE PAGE CHECKOUTS EXCEPT OUR OWN ONE PAGE CHECKOUT WHICH CAN BE FOUND HERE: EXPRESS CHECKOUT
PLEASE BACKUP YOUR STORE & MySQL FILES BEFORE PROCEEDING!
1. Upload entire contents (the files inside) of upload folder and the PayPal Express folder to your stores root directory. Version 1.5.x is for OpenCart Versions 22.214.171.124 and below. The 2.x folder is the newest OpenCart versions 2.0 and up. When using OpenCart 2.0 WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU DO NOT USE the initial OpenCart releases.
2. Set data tables. Go to your stores admin, click on Extensions/Modules/Product Subscriptions/Click Install. If you receive an error during this process click uninstall then click install again. This usually means that you are installing this new version over an older version. Please note that if you are installing this version over an older version YOU WILL LOOSE ALL PREVIOUS DATA INCLUDING CUSTOMER SUBSCRIPTIONS.
3. Set user permissions. Go to your stores admin, click on system/users/user groups/top administrator, select all in both boxes then save.
4. When using PayPal automatic recurring payments you must allow recurring payments in system settings. This setting is in Admin>System>Settings>Edit>Option Tab and select to allow automatic recurring payments.
5. NOTE: This step only applies to OpenCart versions 1.5.x. DO NOT upload for OpenCart 2.x
Upload the PayPal Express files found in a seperate folder called: upload PayPal Express. This folder contains the needed PayPal Express files for the recurring payments to work for PayPal accounts. This will overwrite the existing PayPal Express if using 1.5.6 and up and on earlier versions of OpenCart it will add the needed PayPal files.
6.This step is very important if you want to receive automatic recurring payments. You must set the return URL (IPN) in your PayPal Account as follows:
1st Get the URL from the PayPal Express gateway in your store found at Extensions>Payments>PayPal Express Checkout.
HOW TO SET YOUR IPN IN YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT
Setting Up IPN Notifications on PayPal
The steps to set up your listener for Sandbox testing and to set up your listener for live operation on PayPal are the same. The only difference is that you log into the Sandbox to set up your listener for Sandbox testing and you log into PayPal to set up your listener for live operation.
After you log in, follow these instructions to set up your listener:
- Click Profile on the My Account tab.
- Click Instant Payment Notification Preferences in the Selling Preferences column.
- Click Choose IPN Settings to specify your listener's URL and activate the listener. The following screen appears:
- Specify the URL for your listener in the Notification URL field.
- Click Receive IPN messages (Enabled) to enable your listener.
- Click Save. The following screen appears:
- Click Back to Profile Summary to return to the Profile after activating your listener. You also can click Edit settings to modify your notification URL or disable your listener. You can click Turn Off IPN to reset your IPN preferences.
How Auto Return Works:
* If the customer pays with a PayPal account, they are automatically taken back to the your site.
* If the customer pays with the Credit Card Option, they are taken to the receipt page where PayPal gives them the chance to print out a receipt. This is a legal requirement. After that, the customer must click on the "Return to Merchant" link in order to return to the site.
That's it for the installation part.
If you have any questions about the installation process or this Extension, please submit a help request at: NEED HELP.
Although we have taken every step to foresee any problems or errors that may happen, this is in no way a Guarantee that this Extension will work with a highly modified OpenCart store or installation. We can certainly help you with basic information but there may be a situation where USING THIS EXTENSION COULD COST YOU MORE MONEY.
Special note: If you want to test the extension with PayPal you can use the PayPal Express Checkout Sandbox mode but you must have a free developer test account from PayPal. If you wish to test the recurring payments you MUST do so by using a Free PayPal Developer account. With the free account they will issue a test API. This allows you to see the complete recurring payment process and allows you to log any issues onto the system error log.
For a free developer account: CLICK HERE.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SETTING UP A SUBSCRIPTION
WATCH THIS VIDEO TO SEE HOW THE SUBSCRIPTION SYSTEM WORKS: CLICK HERE
This is how Fequencies work:
1) Can only choose “week” for the frequency (7,14,21,28,etc)
2) IF the specified day IS NOT today, it will bill on the next specified day (for example, if specified day is Thursday and order is placed today, it would not bill the customer until next Thursday)
3) PayPal Express has been updated to use this formula for determining the start date of the subscription. If a frequency other than “week” is chosen or if the specified day is the day of the order, then the start date will be the date the order is placed
Duration controls whether it is recurring or not. If the duration is set to 0, it is recurring. If you have a 1 month subscription and set the duration to 6, it will end after 6 months. In that case, the reminder emails would be sent out to notify that their subscription is about to end.
You can offer a trial period for your subscription. At the end of the trial period, the selected subscription will take over unless the customer cancels during the trial period. Recurring amounts are calculated by the frequency and cycles. If you use a frequency of "month" and a cycle of "1", then the user will be billed every 1 months. The duration is the number of times the user will make a payment, set this to 0 if you want payments until they are cancelled. Products can also be sold individually or recurring if the Allow Single Sale box is clicked in the product edit form.
If you want to use the PayPal recurring, you set the duration to 0. This would be the automatic recurring charges. If you want the customer to login and renew, set the duration to some other number.
The extension will allow you to create a trial only subscription. When creating the “trial only”, make sure you set the subscription status to disabled. That is how the module is determining if there is a subscription AFTER the trial. If you leave everything for the subscription blank and set to enabled, it will think there is a subscription period still.
SETTING PAYMENT GATEWAY
Go to Extensions>Payments>YOUR PAYMENT GATEWAY. In the edit details form for the gateway you will see Allow Product Subscriptions, select yes then save. For automatic recurring payments you ONLY USE PayPal Express (comes with the extension).
FREE CHECKOUT MUST BE ENABLED.
Although not used and is hidden during checkout the free checkout has to be enabled and the allow product subscription box must be set to yes. This is part of how the subscription system works.
When using PayPal:
Your PayPal Account must be setup to allow recurring payments and the return URL (API) must point to your store. This setting can be found in: Extensions>Payments>PayPal Express Checkout.
Look for IPN url Required for subscriptions, copy the url then go to your PayPal account and add it to the return URL section for recurring payments. If this is not done correctly you will not receive and subsequent recurring payments or every time a new recurring payment is automatically made it will not trigger a new recurring order. See picture below.
When using PayPal for automatic recurring payments if your IPN is not set correctly then the automatic recurring payments WILL NOT WORK until PayPal sends the recurring information back to the store. We have tested this hundreds times and the end result is the same. When your IPN is not set correctly on your PayPal account, the extension will not record subsequent payments.
In some instances we have seen that improper domain records information will block PayPal from accessing your website. If PayPal cannot communicate with your site the information the extension requires will not propagate. Contact your host and make sure your domain records are pointing correctly back to your site.
As an example:
If your domain is: www.store.mystore.com
But it’s pointing to www.mystore.com then PayPal cannot connect correctly with return IPN.
ADDING A SUBSCRIPTION:
1) Go to Catalog>Subscriptions>Insert Make all your settings then press save.
2) Go to Catalog>Product> Find the product you wish to add the subscription for then press edit. Go to the Subscriptions tab select Add Subscription, add a price for that subscription, select if you want to allow individual sales for this product, then press save.
After a subscription sale is made, you can view that subscription sale by going to Sales>Subscription Sales. Once there, you can view, edit or delete a subscription. The color coding gives admin a clear view of subscriptions that have ended or are coming due. Customer can view their subscriptions at any time from their Customer Account.
WHEN USING THE DAILY SUBSCRIPTIONS OPTION IT WILL NOT GENERATE AN AUTOMATIC NEW ORDER EVERY TIME A PAYMENT RECURS. IF YOU WANT A NEW ORDER GENERATED EVERY TIME A RECURRING PAYMENT IS MADE YOU MUST USE WEEKLY AND ABOVE. DAILY CANNOT BE USED. PAYPAL IS SOMETIMES A DAY OR MORE BEHIND ON THEIR TRANSACTIONS. THIS IS A PAYPAL REQUIREMENT NOT OUR EXTENSION.
USING TRIAL PERIODS:
When using a trial period the subscriptions discount setting does not work. In most cases, trials are FREE. The discount is for ONLY the product price or subscription price if set on the subscription tab of the product form. Trial duration MUST BE at least 1. This cannot be 0 otherwise the subscriptions will not roll over from trial to regular subscription.
SETTING EMAIL FREQUENCIES:
The emails frequesncies are based on the last day of the subscription period. As an example, if the days to send emails is set to 7 that means that the first reminder email to the customer will go out 7 days before the end on the subscription period. It is a combination of the end date AND grace period. If you have a grace period of 10 days and want the email to go out 20 days before the end of the subscription, you would need to set the reminder period to 30.
The email notifications work when a customer goes to the storefront or the admin user goes to the admin. It is a function in the header that triggers the notifications to be sent out. So this means that if no one visits the admin or store front the email notifications will not go out until someone visits either one. We designed the system this way to avoid having to setup a cron job through a server. Cron jobs can be tedious and complicated for most people to setup.
HERE ARE SOME SUBSCRIPTION EXAMPLES:
PayPal Recurring – Lets create 3 different subscription offers for the customer:
1) 1 month @ 19.95 until cancelled
2) 6 months @ 17.95 until cancelled with a 1 month trial @ 0.00
3) 12 months @ 15.96 until cancelled with a 1 month trial @ 0.00
With these three options on the product page, the customer would choose one. This is an automatic recurring charge until the customer cancels. There is nothing the customer needs to do as long as they want to continue the subscription.
Non PayPal Recurring – Lets create 3 different subscription offers for the customer:
1) 1 month @ 19.95 for 1 month
2) 1 month @ 17.95 for 6 months (10% discount)
3) 1 month @ 15.96 for 1 year (20% discount)
Using the above profiles, their subscription would expire after 1 month for the 1st option, after 6 months for the 2nd option, and after 1 year for the 3rd option. In order to continue their subscription, they would need to login and renew it. They will also get the renewal emails accordingly.
This is what you will see on the catalog side:
A 10% discounted subscription will say: 6 months @ $107.73 (You save: $11.97)
USING DOWNLOADS WITH PRODUCT SUBSCRIPTION:
Product Subscription module can be used for subscriptions to downloadable and digital products. To set up, follow these simple steps.
1) Check the “Subscription” checkbox to make the download part of a subscription.
2) On the Product page for the download, make sure you setup your subscriptions.
When you have options in your subscription you would need to set the product price as the price of the subscription and the subscription price needs to be set to zero. Then it will add the subscription price and the options together and the monthly recurring charge will be both.
USING A SPECIFIC DATE FOR RECURRING PAYMENTS:
The subscriptions extension allows the usage of a specific day for charging recurring payments.
When using a Specific Day Leave blank to start subscription from today or choose a day your customer will be billed on every cycle for the duration of the subscription.
Only available if you choose "week" for the frequency.
When using weekly-specific day setting regardless of which day is chosen as the next payment day, the extension will charge the first payment the following day. This starts the weekly payment cycle. After the 1st initial payment is made then the weekly specific day cycle will start charging the customers account. This is the only way to get around PayPals rules.
As an example: If we set the recurring cycle to weekly with a specific day of Thursday and the subscription sale is made on Monday, The extension makes the initial subscription sale on Monday for zero dollar amount and the next day Tuesday for the subscription amount which in this case was is $10.00. The initial payment sets up the specific weekly charge which will be made in this example on Thurdays. When using this setting you can only use PayPal Express payment gateway. Not other gateway will work.
Below is an example of a payment profile from our PayPal test account after a recurring sale has been made.
REINSTATING A SUBSCRIPTION:
If a customer cancels a subscription from within their account depending on the settings in admin, you will have a certain amount of time to reinstate their account. In the subscriptions page you would see a reinstate link. If you try to reinstate a subscription that’s beyond the allotted/set time it is not possible. Reinstatement settings are on the subscription settings page.
WHEN USING JOURNAL2 THEME
Any time you make changes, you have to do the following or you will get errors on the cart.
1) Clear your vqmod/vqcache folder
2) Go to Modifications and Clear the modifications
3) Refresh the modifications (or Journal2 will not work)
If you have any questions about the installation process, please contact us by clicking here: SUPPORT