Preorders & Backorders Instructions
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS & USER GUIDE:
Be sure to ALWAYS backup your database and store files before installing ANY extension.
1) Go to Extension>Installer. Upload the .ocmod zip file then press the refresh button on the Modifications page.
EXTENSION SETTINGS & SETUP:
- Go to Modification and click Refresh button
- Go to System -> Localisation -> Stock Statuses and setup the stock statuses for Backorder, Preorder & In Stock. Do the same for Order Status. If some of the statuses have already been created or are a part of OpenCart core statuses then do not create a new one.
- Go to Modules -> Preorders and Backorders -> Click Install
- Go to Modules -> Preorders and Backorders -> Click Edit and set the backorder stock status id and preorder stock status id
- You will need to create a Preorder order status and a Backorder order status. Also need to create a BackOrdered stock status. Then go back to the extension and make your settings. Example:
- Setup a couple of products changing the quantity to 0 and the stock status to either backorder or preorder status setup in step 6 above. IMPORTANT! You must set quantity to 0. If the item is not a preorder and reaches 0 stock, it will automatically change to the backorder stock status. When you add stock, it will automatically change back to the default stock status.
- Customer adds two different backorder products to the cart
- Customer checks out
- A single order is created with both backorder products
- One of the backordered products becomes available
- The customer is notified via email that a backordered product is available to purchase and given a link to click to purchase
- The customer clicks the link (or logs in to the store) and is directed to the order information page for that order
- The product that is now in stock has a “purchase” button next to it
- They click the purchase button and the product is added to the cart
- They checkout
- The purchased product is removed from the original backorder order created in step 3
- The order totals are updated for the original backorder created in step 3 to reflect only the remaining backordered product
- A new order is created for the purchased item. The customer and admin get an email stating that the order was paid for
Pay for order notice: When the product status changes from the preorder/backorder status to an in stock status is when the email notification to pay for the order goes out. You can’t jump from preorder to in stock. Has to be preorder to backorder to in stock.
If that was the only backordered product, all of the order data created in step 3 is erased and a new order is created. Nothing to update at that point. It is it set to work with both default theme and Journal2.