INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS & USER GUIDE:
BEFORE PROCEEDING, IF YOU HAVE AN OLD VERSION OF LAYAWAY, PAYMENT PLAN, PAY IN INSTALLMENTS, EZ PAY OR LAYBY YOU MUST COMPLETELY UNINSTALL THE OLDER VERSION (INCLUDING DATABASE TABLES) BEFORE THIS NEW RE-DESIGNED VERSION CAN BE INSTALLED. INSTALLING THIS NEW VERSION WILL DESTROY ANY PREVIOUS ASSOCIATIONS WITH AFOREMENTIONED LAYAWAY.
Make sure that your payment gateway is listed below:
Alertpay, Authorize.Net (AIM), Authorize.Net (SIM), Bank Transfer, Cheque, COD, Free Checkout, Eway, Liqpay, Moneybookers, Nochex, Paymate, Paypoint, Payza, Perpetual Payments, PayPal Pro, PayPal Pro UK, PayPal Standard, PayPal Express, Sagepay, Sagepay Direct, Sagepay US, TwoCheckout, Web Payment Software, Worldpay, MES, Paystation, Virtual Merchant, Checkout Gateway, 2Checkout, Virtual Merchant, SwipeHQ, PESAPAL.
If your payment gateway is not listed, we can adjust your gateway to work with this Extension for a fee. Purchase service Here
Be sure to ALWAYS backup your database and store files before installing ANY extension.
FOR VQMOD (1.5.x only):
You must have vQmod installed on your store. It is required that you are using the latest version of vQmod which can be downloaded for free HERE.
Be sure you follow vQmod installation procedure found HERE.
1. (vQmod only) Upload the contents (all the files inside) of the UPLOAD folder to your stores ROOT directory.
2. (vQmod only) (set file permissions) Go to your stores admin/system/users/user groups/select all in both boxes then save.
EXTENSION SETTINGS & SETUP:
- Go to Extension/Modules Find the Extensions name and click install.
- After installation click edit to adjust extension settings.
- If you are using any type caching software or increase speed software. Be sure to refresh the cache after extension installation.
- Special note: If you have a custom Theme you may have compatibility issues. We can address those issue but there may be an additional fee involved for adjusting the extension.
- Go to admin, click on Extensions/Payments/Layaway Settings, click install then edit and set all of the Layaway parameters, click save.
- SETTING PAYMENT GATEWAYGo to Extensions>Payments>YOUR PAYMENT GATEWAY. In the edit details form for the gateway you will see Allow Layaway, select yes then save.
- Now you must go to every product that you wish to allow the Layaway to be used on and also set the pay by date. The settings are in product>edit>under the data tab.
- Although we have taken every step to foresee any problems or errors that may happen, this is in no way a Guarantee that this Extension will work with a highly modified OpenCart store or installation. We can certainly help you with basic information but there may be a situation where USING THIS EXTENSION COULD COST YOU MORE MONEY.
The Layaway Extension is a comprehensive layaway for OpenCart that is fully automated. The Extension gives the customer the option to turn a sale into a Payment sale.
For the purpose of an example we will call a Payment Sale a Layaway.
1. Once you have made your Layaway settings in Extensions>Payments>Layaway Settings. You will also need to selct which payment gateway you wish to allow with layaway. Go to Extensions>Payments>YOUR PAYMENT GATEWAY. In the edit details form for the gateway you will see Allow Layaway, select yes then save.
2. Layaway requires that each product that is to be a layaway has to be selected in the product edit form in the Data tab. You also need to select Pay By Date. This will determine the date that the layaway will end. Save your settings.
Please keep in mind that if a product is not selected for Layaway, it will not show in the storefront. You also have to select a payment gateway that will be allowed to work with layaway.
The Layaway extension does not allow mixing regular sales with payment sales. If you have a Layaway sale item in your cart then all of the add to cart buttons disappear. You cannot mix the 2 types of sales. You can buy many items on Layaway as long as they have been selected to be allowed by the admin. So as long as you have one or the other in your cart you cannot mix them.
When using PayPal Express for a payment gateway you cannot use the PayPal button for payments. You can only use the regular checkout process. PayPal Express Button will not calculate the totals properly. PayPal Express button bypasses the checkout process rendering the Layaway useless.
The email notifications work when a customer goes to the storefront or the admin (header trigger) user goes to the admin. It is a function in the header that triggers the notifications to be sent out. So this means that if no one visits the admin or store front the email notifications will not go out until someone visits either one.
If you have any questions about the installation process or how to use the extension, please contact us by clicking: SUPPORT